Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September 27, 2010


My Duke is so glad to be home. We are so glad to have him home too. He can lay on his couch spot and look out the window all day. He can spend as much time outside as he wants. He can chase the cats around. He gets to snuggle in bed with us.

During the Family Guy episode this week, Brian (the dog) made a comment about being sent to the kennel while the family went on a vacation. He said he hated it, because he wasn't sure if they were gone for ten hours or ten days. He couldn't tell the difference. Jon made the assumption that that's how Duke felt when we boarded him. I wish he understood English so that we could assure him that we would be back and not to be sad. I know he was treated well, but I hate that he had to stay in a run for most of the day. He's not used to that. We don't crate him anymore and when we're gone he has the run of the whole house. I gave him lots of treats today and tons of lovin'.

No comments: