Friday, December 3, 2010

November 28, 2010


Oh.Em.Gee.

I got a new phone! I've seen commercials for the Samsung Galaxy S and I've wanted one ever since. They make it for different carriers, and for AT&T it's called the Captivate. It's part of the Android family. It's a full windows smart phone. I can do everything on it! It's even a Kindle! I downloaded a book onto it already! And it has a 5MP camera. The only con is that with all the functions it does, the battery life sucks. I have to charge it every night, where with my old phone, I could go 4-5 days before having to charge it. Now let me tell you the story of how I got it. FOR FREE! This is a $200 phone. And even though I was in love with it, I knew I'd never buy it, because let's face it...Who's gonna spend $200 on a phone. I could stay at a Disney hotel for 2 nights for that much. Well, tonight the Target Mobile guy (the guy who sells contract phones at Target) was walking around asking if Target team members wanted a free phone. I'm interested, tell me more. They wanted to make room for more inventory and needed to get rid of some phones. All I had to do was renew my contract. Well, I've been extremely happy with AT&T, so I had no problem with that. And since I already have a full data package, the smart phone data package is only gonna cost me $5 more a month. Well, sign me up! Talk about being at the right place at the right time. Especially since I wasn't scheduled to close that night. The other GSA called in because of a family emergency and I came in to close when I should have been a mid shift that day. Everything happens for a reason, right?

No comments: