Saturday, December 25, 2010

December 24, 2010


It's almost here! This morning I was woken up by Jon asking, "Did you set your alarm?" I replied, "[deleted expletive], what time is it?!" It was 7:45 and I had to be at work at 8:30. It takes me at least 15 minutes to get there. So basically, I had 30 minutes to get up and go. First, I had to make the guts to my homemade frosting. I have to heat up flour and milk to make a ball of mashed potato-like mush that will be added to other ingredients at a later time. The mush ball has to be cooled completely before this can happen. So I had to make it in the morning so that I could make the frosting when I got off work to put on the red cake I made yesterday. There was no way I was going to trust Jon to make it. Have you ever had to heat up flour and milk paste slowly? You have to stir it constantly and not let it burn. I don't think Jon could have done it. (Sorry, honey.) So, I jumped in the shower at about 8:05. Yep, 10 minutes till I had to be out the door. So I went to work with wet hair and not a stitch of makeup on. Beautiful.

Work was okay. I only had to work a 5.5 hour shift. Then home to frost the cake and take another shower so that I could do my hair and make up for dinner at my folks' tonight.


We had a good time. Dinner was great. My Aunt Linda made almost all the food. My mom had carpal tunnel surgery a couple weeks ago and didn't feel up to doing all the cooking. So my aunt offered to do most of the cooking and bring it all over. Chris made green bean casserole and I made red cake and brought rolls. Then it was time for presents. It's so fun to watch the girls open their gifts. After hanging out for awhile, Jon and I headed home to our cozy abode.

No comments: