Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 21, 2010


Whenever I watch Hoarders, two thoughts go through my head. And they are at different ends of the spectrum. At one end, I think to myself, our house is usually a little messy. (Or as my mom calls it, "It looks lived in.") And I think, well, its not as bad as this crazy kook's house. At the other end, no matter how clean I may think my house is, after I watch the show I am motivated to clean something, because hoarding has to start somewhere, right? And I'm weird about people coming over to our house, because in my mind, I think it's never clean enough for company. Don't get me wrong, when people do come over, we clean up. But everyone I know knows that they are not to stop by our house without calling first or planning a day ahead so we can clean. And I got to thinking, I wonder if people think we are hoarders and that's why we don't like people to come over? Well, I'm here to say that we are not hoarders. There are no piles of unwanted crap with dead cats to be discovered underneath. We have working plumbing. And a clean counter top and stove top on which to cook.

No comments: