Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 13, 2010


Today, I spent a lot of time attempting to make a cute fall treat that I saw online. Mini caramel apples. Here's the concept: Use a melon-baller to scoop out balls of Granny Smith apples and stick lollipop sticks in them. Then dip them in caramel, sprinkle them with crushed peanuts, drizzle them with chocolate. Sounds easy enough. Well, it turns out that caramel is not too happy with the unskinned apple ball and decides to run away, dripping all the way down to the bottom. I ended up with a sheet of apple-balls-on-a-stick sitting in a large pool of caramel and peanuts. I was pretty disappointed. It was an experiment. It failed. Later in the evening, Jon and I went over to my parents. My mom bought pizza and Lauren and Morgan helped put up their Halloween decorations. Morgan is not to keen on the monster in the window or the witch that sits on the front porch. She understands that they are fake and made of plastic and were bought at a store and are kept in a storage room until we put them out, but she still doesn't like them.

No comments: