Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 19, 2010


So recently, I've been trying to recover some picture files from my broken external hard drive. I called Best Buy to see how much it would cost. They told me that they don't do that on site and they would have to send it out. It would cost anywhere from $260 to $1800. Really? I'll research other avenues. Hello Google. I found some free software to download that is used for recognizing failed hard drives. Bazinga! For the last few days, I've been successfully extracting my picture files from the failed external hard drive onto my computer. Then burning them onto CDs and DVDs. It's going to take some time to get all the files. But I've recovered some old pictures that I could sell that I haven't had access to for the last year and a half. Which is great because a guy at Jon's work wants to buy some Notre Dame pictures for framing. Thank you PC Inspector!

No comments: