Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 19, 2010


No power yet this morning. Now I hate leaving Jon at home with no power, but my mom and I planned a girl's weekend away and we weren't gonna miss it. We met my Aunt Pam and my cousin Laura in South Haven this morning for breakfast. We actually ate at a hole in the wall restaurant called Cousins. It was delish! We checked in to our hotel and then spent the day shopping, snacking and just walking around enjoying the sunshine. They were having Harbor Fest this weekend, and there were a ton of people, lots of activities and boat shows and fair booths. I was looking in the phone book for a good place to get dinner. There was an ad for a place called Maple Grove Tavern that boasted they had "The Best Burger on the Planet"! Well, I'm down for that. So we found the place and it looked like a dive bar that I wouldn't think twice about eating at if I had just been driving by. But we gave it a try anyway. And let me tell you, it was the best burger I have ever had and I have had a lot! Jon and I will definitely be driving up here sometime this summer to get this burger again. After dinner we went on a horse drawn carriage ride through downtown. Back at the hotel, we went swimming and then back up to the room for some wine before bed. All in all, a fun filled day.

No comments: