Monday, September 8, 2008

It's Sunny and Beautiful Outside.


So many good things have happened this past week. We got a significant amount of rain. And my grass is thankful. It's been thirsty for some time now. It's just too hard to water the lawn with a sprinkler since we have an acre. It would take me 2 days to water it if I ran it for 30 minutes, then move it. 30 minutes, then move it... You get the picture. So now, the grass is a little greener and a little longer. So a good mowing is in its near future.


Duke is feeling much better after receiving some drugs from the vet. His allergies were making him miserable. He was chewing on his feet like a $8 turkey leg from the race track. And rubbing his face and eyes all over the carpet. Licking his... You get the picture. He finally got some relief in the name of steroids and antibotic eye drops. He's not such a spaz anymore.


We are setting all the Halloweeen merchandise up at the store. Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. It's fun, not too serious, doesn't have any religious meaning behind it. I'm actually thinking about putting up my Halloween decorations around the house. Is it too early for that? And people are starting to talk about Julie's annual Halloween party. I usually make a last minute home-made costume every year. Not sure what to do this year.


The Irish pulled one out this week. If they play their entire games like they played the 4th quarter the rest of this season, they will be in good shape. By the way, can someone please explain to me the current trend with all the dudes wearing their hair long? Jimmy Clausen looks like a hick. And I've noticed it quite a bit, as of late, with other athletes and celebrities. Gross.


And the best thing to happen this week? I met Joel McHale. If you don't know who he is, he hosts The Soup on E! He gave a free stand up comedy show at Notre Dame on Friday. Jon and I got to meet him afterwards, got his autograph, and I got my picture taken with him. He is really nice and down to earth. He personally signed all the autographs to people--To (insert name here) and wrote a short message too. And he actually talked to people. Very nice guy. Great show.


Hope to blog about many positive things in the up coming week. 17 days and change till Weinerfest 2008!

No comments: