Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4, 2010


Happy Birthday America!!


Today, Jon and I went over to my parent's for a little cookout. It was only us 4, so not a big to-do. My mom and I both made ribs. We also had corn on the cob on the grill, hot dogs, beer cheese dip and pretzels, mac and cheese and watermelon. Later, early evening, Jon and I drove out to Pine Lake in Laporte to meet up with Jay and Jen and some friends of theirs who have a pontoon boat. We docked on the beach and the kids and some of the adults swam for a bit. Then we went out into the middle of the lake to watch fireworks. We just anchored out and sat for a while watching all the fireworks being let off all around the lake. Literally, all around the lake. They were going off everywhere. And the night was so clear, nothing but stars up above. That's a way of life I could get used to.

No comments: